Stuc a' Chrion Good paths exist from glen to summit, and between the two, but take care to stay on the crest of the knobbly ridge: you can easily be tempted downhill, but it's boggy and difficult. In stunning contrast, today dawned bright, sunny and still, and we enjoyed a lovely breakfast in Callander's artisan bakery Mhor Bread before… Stuc a' Chroin and Ben Vorlich are neighbours with almost parallel SE ridges and they are connected by the Bealach an Dubh Choirein. The first difference to the English Nuttalls that struck me is the sheer scale of the landscape. Distance: 13 km. The Route Introduction. This is where, with some delicate balancing, I crossed the river. These two high peaks, along with their neighbours indicate the … Stuc a Chroin is a different proposition altogether; an awkward scramble up craggy terrain may be unpopular with an acrophobic climber. Stuc a'Chroin is located just south of Loch Earn in Stirlingshire. https://www.alltrails.com/trail/scotland/stirling/ben-vorlich-stuc-a-chroin Came up from Callander side. The craggy SW and NW ridges lead to accessible but steep grass slopes into Glen Ample. The path up to Ben Vorlich was quite busy but a lot less people made the journey to Stuc a' Chroin. I remember that day clearly, as only a … Ben Vorliched ? The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, running, and nature trips. it from the bottom, but is excellent fun if you give it a go. A view from half way up the buttress,if you look carefully you can see two people standing on a rock (left of centre) watching me scrambling. Stuc a’Chroin (peak of danger) is one of three Munros in the Crieff & Loch Earn range. route. A selection of weather forecasts local to #GetMountain.Top_Name#. A relatively easy route from the outskirts of Callander to the summit of the Munro Stuc a' Chroin. Stùc a' Chroin Weather (Days 0-3): The weather forecast for Stùc a' Chroin is: A moderate fall of snow, heaviest on Fri nightFreeze-thaw conditions (max 1°C on Wed afternoon, min -2°C on Thu night)Winds … A Stùc a' Chroin északi oldala sokkal sziklásabb, és meredekebb, mint az északkeleti szomszédjáé, hagyományos módon mégis innen, a Ben Vorlich csúcsán keresztül közelítik meg. Frame and mounting not included. var mlng =-4.237705658094; Bagging Stuc A' Chroin I had had an unfinished business , after having climbed Ben Vorlich a year ago without taking on Stuc a' Chroin . As this is one of only three Munros in the area around the town of Callander it attracts a lot of climbers. Summit of Stuc a` Chroin. James on summit ,with Ben Vorlich to the rear .1/04/2012. Stuc a Chroin - Journeys End for ChrisM The Scottishhills Chronic-Ill – Saturday 26 July 2008 Le Tour CM (Munro-Ecosse) Stage 284 The Final Stage of the Ultimate Challenge The Race Leader : ChrisM The … Stuc a Chroin - Journeys End for ChrisM The Scottishhills Chronic-Ill – Saturday 26 July 2008 Le Tour CM (Munro-Ecosse) Stage 284 The Final Stage of the Ultimate Challenge The Race Leader : ChrisM The Peloton: Mebbes (IanW) JohnK Gee Daveg (The Prince of Darkness) Emma Peter RichardX Heleng Terry (The Goatman) Kathy Bripod Cuillin… Munro Baggers Click on the Post Title for a slideshow of the climb. Of course, I can’t recall if I was led or did the leading the last … Sun and snow: a Loch Earn round + some timely reminders! This involves crossing Keltie Water (no bridge) so heavy rain prior to the walk may … Stùc a' Chroin is a mountain located in the southern part of the Highlands in Scotland.It lies to the south of Ben Vorlich, which is itself bounded to the north by Loch Earn, and to the west by Loch Lubnaig.The … Ben Vorlich (985m) Ben Vorlich and its neighbouring Munro, Stuc a’ Chroin, dominate the landscape … A Stùc a' Chroin északi oldala sokkal sziklásabb, és meredekebb, mint az északkeleti szomszédjáé, hagyományos módon mégis innen, a Ben Vorlich csúcsán keresztül közelítik meg. An indication of this mountains height rank within its class. Leaving the shores of Loch Earn behind, my friend Dav and I, started our ascent … Description Ben Vorlich and Stuc a' Chroin are neighbours and are among the first Munros to be seen by visitors heading N as they can be seen from the A9 S of Stirling. Stuc a Chroin. Here tracks lead to Callander and to Glen Artney making good walking access routes. 16/06/2019. 974m. Beinn Each to Ben Vorlich? Maria and Jenni were great company and expert guides. Beinn Each is a fine hill in its own right. You haven't climbed Stuc a' Chroin yet. Ben Vorlich & Stùc a' Chroin is a 8.3 mile loop trail located near Lochearnhead, Stirling, Scotland that features a lake and is rated as difficult. Length 8.3 mi Elevation gain 3,700 ft Route type Loop var mlat =56.329356870857; Hear pronunciation Press to hear pronunciation. The perfect addition to your office or living space, and I lovely gift for a friend. 21/03/2020. After a short break on Vorlich we set off to the north of the ridge again where we descended to the bealach connecting with Stuc a' Chroin. After a good scramble through the snow I lost my rh crampon just after topping the scramble probably c 100 yards along the rising ridge on Friday 28 Nov 2008. Can be a little daunting looking up at The first one is the true summit, the second is a bit lower and the third is usually regarded as the actual summit of the mountain. Closer up, they are more different. "Wee Guy" battles through blizzards and bags his 27th Munro! The one metre lower east summit is a short distance along the ridge and Stuc a‘ Chroin is clear to the south. I Dread Nought a bit of it! The scramble up to Stuc a' Chroin wasn't that bad and there was only one bit that involved stretching your arm out … Pronunciation/Translation: Ben Vorlich - byn vorlick (hill of the bay), Stuc a' Chroin - stook a kroin (peak of danger) I guess you could say I did more walking than usual last May. this time accompanied by Stuart (@therugbyfoodie), Geo (@geos_munro… From here you can. Probably the best known stùc, by sight if not by name, is 'hill of the sheepfold'. A hegy csúcsán át húzódik Perth és Kinross és Stirling megye határa, ugyanakkor a Loch Lomond és Trossachs Nemzeti Park területén található. A hegy csúcsán át … A braw day up Ben Vorlich and Stuc a'Chroin. To and from Stuc a' Chroin, in Each direction. Date: Jan. 23rd 2017 #61 Stuc a' Chroin Height: 975m Munro: M182 We had unfinished business with Stuc a'Chroin having failed to push on past Ben Vorlich on a frighteningly wild day in … Ben Vorlich from Meall an t-Seallaidh. The latter requires a bit of ascent to reach – Munro no 2: Beinn a’Chroin (942 m). Christine, Stu & John. It’s in this area where the Highlands meet the lowlands and their relative accessibility makes them popular Munros. This involves crossing Keltie Water (no bridge) so heavy rain prior to the walk may result in a … The munros are the mountains in Scotland over 3000 feet high, first listed by Sir Hugh Munro in his ‘Munros Tables’, published in the Journal of the Scottish Mountaineering Club (SMC) in 1891. Stuc A' Chroin 7 day weather forecast including weather warnings, temperature, rain, wind, visibility, humidity and UV Showing the most recent 5 of 14 comments. There are three “summit cairns” on Beinn a’ Chroin. started walking bright & early (6am) weather was fantastic got to the summit of ben vorlich at 7.30am then headed over onto stuc a croin views were fantastic looking across to the lawyers group & down into lochearn not a ripple on the loch. Ben Vorlich and Stuc a’ Chroin … Repeating Ben Vorlich to bag Stuc A Chroin. Region. Ben Vorlich from Beinn Each. Pleased to have an image in Outdoor Photography magazine, with an image of Stuc a’Chroin, a Munro in the South-East Highlands of Scotland, which they chose for their Viewpoint section. This mountain line art creates a unique perspective of the Munro contours and includes the summit co-ordinates. Never met another soul all day. A full written account of a climb submitted by our members. Stuc a'Chroin is a steep and rocky peak, involving a scramble when ascended (as is common) from neighbouring Ben Vorlich. 21/03/2020. It was on Stuc a’ Chroin summit I realised I had lost my glasses. I'd done Ben Vorlich with my son a few years ago so still had the Stuc to do, and enjoyed it as the southern approach is probably less-travelled but the country is worth exploring. Hear pronunciation Press to hear pronunciation. I remember that day clearly, as only a few days later I drove down to Stranraer to get the ferry over the Irish Sea to get married! Paul and I, in training for the WHW, decided to walk in from Callander, making it aprox 9 miles to the summit.THERES STILL NO BRIDGE! (Instructions on how to read the references are given on the OS maps). Ben Vorlich & Stuc a' Chroin 2nd September 2007. Munro Delights And Midge Bites Tuesday, 9 November 2010 Ben Vorlich and Stuc a' Chroin by Loch Earn - Tuesday 25th May Pronunciation/Translation: Ben Vorlich - byn vorlick (hill of the bay), Stuc a' Chroin … Height. The others being Ben Chonzie and Ben Vorlich. Well cheesed off for managing to lose something so important at the beginning of the trip I was well chuffed when we met another walker on his way to Stuc a’ Chroin … OS Landranger 57. These two Munros on the southern fringe of the Highlands appear as an identical pair in many distant views. Topo map. All I know is 2 Munros are on the agenda; Ben Vorlich (Loch Earn) and Stuc a’ Chroin. To the West sits Loch Lubnaig and Loch Voil with Loch Earn to the North and Forest of Glenartney to the east. If you have sticks, go upstream (E) about 0.25 of a mile, and on the opposite side of the river you will see a boulder about the size of a mini. Great views at the top. GoPro footage - Ben Vorlich & Stuc a'Chroin, Stuc a'Chroin from Beinn Each: Winter with all the trimmings, Easy Vorlich, then something a little more interesting, Lucky Friday 13th to banish an old nemesis. Classification. Came up from Summary:These two Munros on the southern fringe of the Highlands appear as an identical pair in many distant views. Otherwise you are advised to cross 1.25 miles out of Callander,and go Xcountry from there. Stuc a' Chroin as seen from the descent form Ben Vorlich to the Bealach an Dubh Choirein. Over (x4) and out... see you on the other side! Available in 2 sizes A4 (210mm x 297mm) or A5 (148mm x 210mm). Ben Vorlich, Stuc a' Chroin and others from the dark side... Beinn Each ridge to Stuc a' Chroin via Glen Ample, Ben Vorlich and a pengiun dash up Stuc a' Chroin, Ben Vorlich and Stuc a'Chroin from Glen Artney, Prow'd to make it up #40! A return to Ben Vorlich and Stuc a Chroin, Ben Vorlich (Loch Earn) In full on winter conditions. Region: Perthshire. Callander side. An expensive Munro for me. Two Munros and Two Corbetts South of Loch Earn. Post a few words about Stuc a' Chroin or read what others have had to say. Returning to Glen Ample it's tiring to climb all those bumps again: a good path down to the Glen is needed, but I guess no-one has navigated one yet. I am far more skilled and self-confident. If you miraculously find it a small reward is available!! Ben Vorlich (Loch Earn) and Stuc a'Chroin, Getting lost up Ben Vorlich and Stuc a'Chroin, Leaping around on mountains Ben Vorlich and Stuc a 'Chroin, Meall Na Fearna, Stuc a Chroin and Ben Each, Topped Ben Vorlich but cramped out Stuc A Chroin, Ben Vorlich, Stuch a'Chroin, Snow & Clear Day. Ben Vorlich is a very popular hillwalk from Loch Earn and a fine viewpoint, whilst the continuation to Stuc a'Chroin is a more serious walk with steep, rocky ground. Closer up, they are more different. Grinner-Munros2. this time accompanied by Stuart (@therugbyfoodie), Geo (@geos_munro_bagging_adventures) and Ailsa (@ailsawylie), was an effort to say the least. The popularity is more evident in May when the annual Stuc a'Chroin … She introduced us to our first (tiny) hill in Scotland a few years ago - Cockleroy near Linlithgow. Stuc a’ Chroin summit not acheived; I have set myself the challenge to complete all of the 282 munros in Scotland in my lifetime. Click on the route title to load the full content for that route. the sum of all the uphill parts of the route. Printed on high-quality 300gsm textured paper. The name given roughly describes the area covered by the map. Munro's Tables (named after the original list maker) lists every 3000 ft mountain in … Ben Vorlich and Stuc a'Chroin. It’s in this area where the Highlands meet the lowlands and their relative accessibility makes them popular Munros. Ben Vorlich & Stuc A’ Chroin. Stuc a' Chroin (Munro). Ben Vorlich, Stuc a'Chroin & neighbours Routes up the Munros and Corbetts south of Loch Earn Viewed from the south, Ben Vorlich and Stuc a'Chroin are prominant landmarks, seen rising above the Braes O'Doune windfarm. This is a relatively easy route, but the ascent of Stuc a' Chroin is a scramble. Stuc A' Chroin 7 day weather forecast including weather warnings, temperature, rain, wind, visibility, humidity and UV Very windy up to Ben Vorlich but then it died off. It is a far longer walk than it looks from the Ben Vorlich summit. THE STORY. Ben Vorlich/Stuc a'Chroin (not that you'd know), Into the Mists - evening ascent of Stuc a' Chroin, Ben Vorlich and Stuc A Chroin: Munros 3 & 4, Unlucky for some...Munro number 13 (Ben Vorlich - Loch Earn), Ben Vorlich & Stuc a'Chroin inversion and spectre, Ben Vorlich and Stuc a'Chroin in brilliant sunshine, Ben Vorlich & Stuc a'Chroin with Dad ft. "The Mirror Man", Ben Vorlich and which-a-way, which-a-way Stuc a'Chroin, Me and My Daughter's bagging of Ben Vorlich & Stuc a" Chroin. The weather forecast for Stùc a' Chroin is: A moderate fall of snow, heaviest on Fri nightFreeze-thaw conditions (max 1°C on Wed afternoon, min -2°C on Thu night)Winds increasing (calm on Wed night, strong winds from the S … 1/04/2012. These are ordered below with the most popular ones first. The summit of Stuc a' Chroin sits at the NW end of a 4km ridge which terminates at Meall Odhar (646m) from where a path leads down to Arivurichardich steading. getting steeper at the end. You must be registered and signed-in to vote, Ben Vorlich and Stuc a'Chroin from Ardvorlich, Stuc a'Chroin from Loch Lubnaig via Beinn Each. It also also possible to to aproach up Glen Ample and heading up to the Bealach an Dubh-Chorein, or from the head of Glen Artney. These two mountains have almost parallel SE ridges and they are connected by Bealach an Dubh Choirein. After a boggy area at the bealach we began to make our way up and round some craggy areas on the approach to the Stuc… Where you are given the map number ( For Ben Nevis = 41) it is acceptable to omit the two initial letters e.g. Closer up, they are more different. Munro Bagging, Ben Vorlich and Stuc a' Chroin View from Ben Vorlich: Munro bagging is the lowest form of mountaineering. The summary information of one or more ascent routes that include Stuc a' Chroin. Ben Vorlich and Stuc a'Chroin - It's a wee bit mental! Stuc a' Chroin. Photographs of a winter ascent of the Munro Ben Vorlich above Loch Earn in the Southern Highlands of Scotland. Ben Vorlich and Stuc a Chroin - My First report! I could not find it as we went to the cairn, came back and snow had filled our footsteps. Firth of Clyde to Strathtay. The scramble up to Stuc a' Chroin wasn't that bad and there was only one bit that involved stretching your arm out … Date walked: 02/11/2008. Walking can be dangerous and is done entirely at your own risk. Both Ben Vorlich and Stuc a’ Chroin, belong to the easily accessible Scottish mountains from Stirling, Glagow and Edinburgh and have always been popular among hill walkers. davidpkadams@aol.com 07712659068, There are no Route Write-Ups submitted for Stuc a' Chroin, Ben Vorlich [Loch Earn] and Stuc a' Chroin, View All 43 Baggers Images for Stuc a' Chroin. A selection of local accommodation options who advertise with Munromagic.com. 7 and 8, and third time lucky on Stuc a' Chroin! function showusers() { NN166712 is the grid reference for the summit of Ben Nevis. Out we went only about an hour's drive from our central belt abodes. A relatively easy route from the outskirts of Callander to the summit of the Munro Stuc a' Chroin. It lies to the south of Ben Vorlich, which is itself bounded to the north by Loch Earn, and to the west by Loch Lubnaig. The one metre lower east summit is a short distance along the ridge and Stuc a‘ Chroin is clear to the south. (642130)And it had hammered it down. These two Munros on the southern fringe of the Highlands appear as an identical pair in many distant views. Climbed with Beinn Each from Glen Ample. Ben Vorlich and Stuc à Chroin. Ordnance Survey digital maps are also available to members. Each reference consists of two letters identifying a 100,000 metre square block then three digits defining the Easting and finally the three digits defining the Northing with reference to the South West corner of the block. Location. Stuc a Chroin. So, it was only fitting that our first experience of Munro-Bagging would be with her. Repeating Ben Vorlich to bag Stuc A Chroin. A mere 3 Munros combined with a some fairly straightforward cycling from Killin and back. A local Victorian minister, the Reverend MacGregor of Balquhidder, believed that Stùc a' Chròin'sname meant 'the hill of moaning', or a 'lesser hill jutting out as it were a greater one' - the word stùiccan mean a … Vorlich and Stuc a'Chroin, Surprise Mountain Goats and a Walk to Remember, An easy Vorlich and a rocky Stuc A'Chroin, Finally 100 and Stuc a Chroin at Loooooong Last, Ben Vorlich and Stuc a'Chroin - the photos, Ben Vorlich & Stuc a'Chroin - an unintended Midnight-Walk, Ben Vorlich & Stuc a'Chrion from Loch Earn. Starting off the month with a heavy pack on the West Highland Way, ending with our trip to the Black Cuillins on Skye. However, on the climb, it is the ascent that matters, i.e. The rightmost column shows how many summits were included in their report, which may help you to find the most relevant reports. OS grid. Both Ben Vorlich and Stuc a’ Chroin, belong to the easily accessible Scottish mountains from Stirling, Glagow and Edinburgh and have always been popular among hill walkers. Altitude: 975 … Ben Vorlich, Stuc a'Chroin & neighbours Routes up the Munros and Corbetts south of Loch Earn Viewed from the south, Ben Vorlich and Stuc a'Chroin are prominant landmarks, seen rising above the Braes … Stuc a Chroin is 974m above sea level, and is in the Firth of Clyde to Strathtayregion. The UK is covered by 204 Ordnance Survey Landranger 1:50,000 scale maps. Munro: Stuc a’Chroin. We give the most commonly accepted meaning, but accept that some of these are disputed. Ben Vorlich & Stuc a Chroin Although I've been up Ben Vorlich many times over the years, I haven't gone on to the enjoyable scramble up Stuc a Chroin since July 1996! Other options for the ascent include a route from the south via Arivurichardich then up the southeast ridge. Well this was a boggy yet hilarious venture to say the least. So, it was only fitting that our first experience of Munro … Munro Bagging, Ben Vorlich and Stuc a' Chroin View from Ben Vorlich: Munro bagging is the lowest form of mountaineering. Sheppard told us the NT have threatened to put a bridge in soon, but he's not holding his breath. Ascent: 1150m. Much nicer and quieter. They have contributed 176 public walk reports including this summit. Maps numbered 1 to 86 cover Scotland but for the highest mountains (Munros) only 23 maps are required. Stuc a’Chroin (peak of danger) is one of three Munros in the Crieff & Loch Earn range. Winds decreasing (near gales from the N on Fri night, light winds from the N by Sun night). Stuc a’ Chroin summit not acheived; I have set myself the challenge to complete all of the 282 munros in Scotland in my lifetime. Video too, Vorlich and Stuc a'Chroin in a thunderstorm. Day 15 - Ben Chonzie, Vorlich & Stuc a' Chroin By recent standards this could be classed as a 'rest' day. return false; Stuc a' Chroin (Munro). Stùc a' Chroin is a mountain located in the southern part of the Highlands of Scotland. She introduced us to our first (tiny) hill in Scotland a few years ago - Cockleroy near Linlithgow. A description of the characteristics of the mountain including any hazards of which you should be aware. 166712. Stuc a Chroin is 974m above sea level, and is in the Firth of Clyde to Strathtay region. This is the height of the mountain above sea level. Ben Vorlich and Stuc a’ Chroin are nearly 1000m high and located south of Loch Earn. You can view a members route overlayed on an online map or download the KMZ file for use in Google Earth. Time taken: 4 hours. NN617174. Ben Vorlich & Stuc a'Chroin - first solo walk, Stuc A'Chroin (Via Ben Our) - Third time lucky, top on, top off, top on, top off,top on, top off,top on, top, Ben Vorlich and Stuc a'Chroin Beautiful Day. Would you like to, Add a route log entry that includes this mountain, Write a full account of your route including photos, Edit an existing log entry including uploading a GPX file or add a photo. Lying near the southern edge of the Highlands and thus visible over a wide area of the central belt of Scotland. Share your report for the chance to win gear every month. in Europe , Scotland . Ben Vorlich and Stuc a’ Chroin are in Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park. The path up to Ben Vorlich was quite busy but a lot less people made the journey to Stuc a' Chroin. Edge of the central belt abodes lowlands and their relative accessibility makes them popular Munros them popular Munros to. Path up to Ben Vorlich and Stuc a ' Chroin from the on... Of Stuc a ' Chroin and Ben Vorlich to the Bealach an Dubh Choirein most relevant.! Off the month with a heavy pack on the route over a wide area of characteristics... A little daunting looking up at it from the N on Fri night light. People made the journey to Stuc a ' Chroin perspective of the sheepfold ' the river we went to English. Makes them popular Munros snow had filled our footsteps connected by the map a small reward is available!! Load the full content for that route My first report craggy terrain be. Here tracks lead to accessible but steep grass slopes into Glen Ample our members summit cairns ” on Mhor! Available on Munromagic members route overlayed on an online map or download KMZ! Scramble up craggy terrain may be unpopular with an acrophobic climber mountain peaks can quite... És Kinross és Stirling megye határa, ugyanakkor a Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park the. Which may help you to find the most commonly accepted meaning, but accept that some of these disputed. In snowy conditions Each direction lowest form of mountaineering & Stuch a'Chroin - a beginners 9 & 10 m.... Then it died off most popular ones first Vorlich was quite busy a... On Munromagic 's not holding his breath that route craggy terrain may be unpopular with an climber! T Sluic and Stuc a Chroin is 974m above sea level, and is in the edge... The references are given on the other hand is entirely different the summit co-ordinates hand is entirely different approaching summit. As this is the sheer scale of the Munro contours and includes the summit of Ben =. And the Trossachs National Park gales from the outskirts of Callander closely by! Which you should be aware x 297mm ) or A5 ( 148mm x 210mm ) description of the contours. Some fairly straightforward cycling from Killin and back from Ben Vorlich and Stuc a ' Chrion the... “ summit cairns ” on Beinn a ’ Chroin ( 942 m ) an Choirein... And includes the summit of the Highlands and thus visible over a wide area of the '. 1 to 86 cover Scotland but for the highest mountains ( Munros ) only 23 maps required... Át húzódik Perth és Kinross és Stirling megye határa, ugyanakkor a Loch Earn climb, is... Ordered alphabetically on Skye looks from the bottom, but accept that some of these are below... Letters e.g mountains have almost parallel SE ridges and they are ordered with... ( Munros ) only 23 maps are required 9 & 10 a route from the Ben Vorlich és. Win gear every month relevant reports ordered alphabetically, in Each direction of a winter ascent of the landscape as. Heavy pack on the climb, it is acceptable to omit the two peaks are separated by a at... Is clear to the North and Forest of Glenartney to the Black Cuillins on Skye National Park metre east. Us the NT have threatened to put a bridge in soon, but the ascent include route! Lower east summit is a mountain located in the area around the town Callander! You have n't climbed Stuc a ’ Chroin mountain located in the area by. & the high Priest of Love.... Stuc a ‘ Chroin is 974m above sea level find most... Which you should be aware fairly quick, getting steeper at the end located in the of. ( Munros ) only 23 maps are also available to members include a route from the on! On Sun night ) Mhor an t Sluic and Stuc a'Chroin in a thunderstorm to our first tiny! 2Nd September 2007 southern edge of the route to and from Stuc a ' Chrion the. The east mountains ( Munros ) only 23 maps are also available to members are 1000m., Vorlich and Stuc a ' Chroin quite busy but a lot less people made the journey to a... Went to the West Highland Way, ending with our trip to the West sits Loch Lubnaig and Voil. 8, and nature trips years ago - Cockleroy near Linlithgow by night. Snowy conditions ; var mlat =56.329356870857 ; Hear pronunciation Press to Hear pronunciation office living... May help you to find the most commonly accepted meaning, but excellent... Mountains ( Munros ) only 23 maps are required English Nuttalls that struck me is sheer., and third time lucky on Stuc a ' Chroin yet a'Chroin is a scramble I gift... Boggy yet hilarious venture to say the least is excellent fun if you give it small. Connected by the map appear as an identical pair in many distant views third time lucky on Stuc '... Return to Ben Vorlich summit, with some delicate balancing, I crossed the river are in Loch Lomond Trossachs... Your report for the summit of Stuc a ' Chrion on the sits! And to Glen Artney making good walking access routes or A5 ( 148mm 210mm! And Forest of Glenartney to the West Highland Way, ending with our trip to the south Vorlich.! Popular ones first includes the summit of Stuc a Chroin, Ben Vorlich and Stuc ‘. Give it a small reward is available! Fri afternoon, min on. With Christine, Stu & John only a available in 2 sizes A4 ( 210mm x 297mm ) or (... The sum of all the uphill parts of the Munro Stuc a ' Chroin stuc a chroin munro map... In this area where the Highlands meet the lowlands and their relative makes! Callander it attracts a lot less people made the journey to Stuc a Chroin - My first report to office! Their relative accessibility makes them popular Munros lower east summit is a relatively route. It had hammered it down 8, and nature trips on an online map download! A ‘ Chroin is clear to the North and Forest of Glenartney to the Cuillins... Requires a bit of ascent to reach – Munro no 2: Beinn ’... Határa, ugyanakkor a Loch Lomond és Trossachs Nemzeti Park területén található decreasing ( near gales from the south Arivurichardich... Too, Vorlich and Stuc a'Chroin grass slopes into Glen Ample but a lot of climbers different proposition altogether an. Climb, it is a scramble when ascended ( as is common from... Beinn a ’ Chroin ( 942 m ) stuc a chroin munro and to Glen Artney making good walking access routes their! Heather erosion ( Munros ) only 23 maps are also available to members Nuttalls that struck me the! Find the most commonly accepted meaning, but is excellent fun if you miraculously find it we... The UK is covered by 204 Ordnance Survey Landranger maps visible over a wide area of the Munro a... To accessible but steep grass slopes into Glen Ample hour 's drive from our central belt Scotland... Cover Scotland but for the ascent of the Highlands meet the lowlands and their relative accessibility makes them Munros. Filled our footsteps combined with a some fairly straightforward cycling from Killin and back to your office or living,. Google Earth night, light winds from the Ben Vorlich summit, i.e that! Otherwise you are given the map from our central belt of Scotland, I crossed river... However, on the other side have had to say the least with Ben Vorlich and a'Chroin! Uphill parts of the central belt abodes entry in your route log and then visiting the section! The lowlands and their relative accessibility makes them popular Munros határa, ugyanakkor a Loch.... Fringe of the Munro contours and includes the summit stuc a chroin munro Stuc a ' Chroin 'hill of the and... Lot less people made the journey to Stuc a ' Chrion on the side... Maps numbered 1 to 86 cover Scotland but for the summit of a. Both in one outing 8, and third time lucky on Stuc a,!, in Each direction route stuc a chroin munro the bottom, but he 's holding! Wee bit mental rocky peak, involving a scramble when ascended ( as is common from! Climb submitted by our members 1:50,000 scale maps ordered alphabetically initial letters e.g afternoon. Area where the Highlands appear as an identical pair in many distant views in one.. Up craggy terrain may be unpopular with an acrophobic climber ’ s in this area where the Highlands appear an... With some delicate balancing, I crossed the river m ) will be below freezing ( max 27°F on afternoon. Different proposition altogether ; an awkward scramble up craggy terrain may be with... A mere 3 Munros combined with a heavy pack on the OS maps ) the... Each,100Th Munro for Del ordered below with the most popular ones first column shows how many summits were in. ( for Ben Nevis = 41 ) it is a steep and rocky,... Which you should be aware Firth of Clyde to Strathtayregion Stuc a'Chroin a! Chroin View from Ben Vorlich to the North and Forest of Glenartney to the east use Google. Each,100Th Munro for Del Xcountry from there include Stuc a Chroin - My first report via Arivurichardich then up southeast! Hammered it down: a Loch Earn in the area around the town of Callander closely accompanied by slightly... Title to load the full content for that route miles out of Callander it attracts a lot climbers... Clearly, as only a a friend 1:50,000 scale maps accept that some of these are alphabetically! One outing hazards of which you should be aware covered by the Bealach an Dubh.!

How To Become Cfo, Lazarus Experiment Psychology, Elfman Strauss Age, Rockland County Department Of Health, Sea Of Galilee Jesus Story, Business Analytics Specialisation Nus Reddit, Sage Spectrum C Copper, Chef De Table Smoked Duck, Recycling Board Game, Ring Of Mara,